Sunday, February 23, 2014

Get it off your chest

It seems silly, but for months I've been texting a deceased friend. I'm not sure how it started, but at some point during the grieving process I shot a text out there just to feel like I was talking to her again. It just started flowing from there. I've been going on about all the things I could never talk about with anyone else. The embarrassing things. The ugly things. The dark and terrifying things that well up in  the mind in the wee small hours. This woman never judged me and, in some ways, understood me better than anyone ever has. Even if it seems a bit immature, doing this has been more cathartic than I would have ever expected.

It never occurred to me they would give her number out to someone else. They aren't as understanding. At least not at 4AM. 

No comments:

Post a Comment